Pennsylvania Commercial Industrialized Buildings Program Update
February 14, 2023
Per an ICC NTA Conference meeting with the Commonwealth of PA on Feb. 02, 2023, please be advised of the following update on the Commercial Industrialized Building Program rollout.
- Official Commercial Industrialized Buildings Program announcement will be published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin on Sat. Feb 11, 2023.
- Effective Date: Feb. 22, 2023 and will have a “Phase in” period through December 31, 2023. This means anyone can come under the program anytime between Feb 22 and December 31, 2023.
- Any commercial building labeled after Dec. 31, 2023 will have to be under the program.
- The new program does NOT cover existing buildings, nor does it cover “Container” buildings. Manufacturer’s dealers will have to deal with these locally, under the UCC. That does not mean new steel structures that look like containers are not under the program, but we will have to make it clear it is a new structure.
- Once a manufacturer comes under the State commercial program, they are no longer under UCC jurisdiction for the in-plant building portion. Conversations have been held between the State and UCC, so should anything come up at the local level, contact can be made with the State and they will help to get the issue resolved.
- Existing “approved” Residential Mfg.’s will be allowed to file an addendum for commercial product but will still have to go through the plant certification process on the commercial building(s). The “Notice of Approval” letters as issued by PA will be updated to include both residential and commercial product.
- For all practical purposes, the program will be administered the same as the current residential program. PA forms (i.e., insignia request/inventory forms) are being updated to reflect both residential and commercial product so separate forms will not have to be used. The only real change will be in PA insignia. They will maintain the Residential Component and Residential Modular insignia but will now also have Commercial Component and Commercial Modular Insignia. The PA insignia request form has also been updated to include ALL insignia options.
Feedback about our services at ICC NTA, LLC is always appreciated, and we encourage you to complete our one question Client Satisfaction Survey.